Imagine this: you have a beautiful website. It has the perfect aesthetic, the physical look and layout are on brand, and your website has superb content. There’s just one problem, your site won’t load. If it takes too long to load, then you’re more likely to lose visitors and potential clients resulting in less traffic and fewer sales. Why would they suffer waiting for your site to load when there are other competitors who’re just a click away? Failure to invest in site speed may seem like you’re not considerate of your customers.
Reasons Why You Should Improve Site Speed
- It affects search rankings
- Fast sites have higher conversion rates
- It improves user experience
- Fast sites reduce operating costs
- They are easier to crawl
Why is site speed important?
First off, site speed is the report of how quickly visitors see and interact with your site and content. This affects every other metric a business should care about: traffic, conversion, search ranking, bounce rate, etc.
It is important to both site owners and all internet users because a fast site means having happy and satisfied visitors. It improves user experience, reduces operating costs, and increases rankings and conversions. People value speed, especially in this fast-paced generation. Investing in site speed is something you should definitely include in your list.
Did you know that people expect websites to load in two seconds or less? Anything longer than that will lead people to leave the page and visit another website. For anyone who stays and waits for your page to load, it might be possible for them not to visit your website ever again.
How To Improve Site Speed
Here at SEO by Design, we want to give you the best service to improve your website. Check out some tips to get you started!
- Reduce server response time. The domain name system (DNS) is a server with a database of IP addresses and hostnames, which translates URL into the IP address that tells its location.
- Choose the right hosting option that will cater to your needs. Although you might choose what’s affordable at first, eventually you will have to upgrade when you get more traffic.
- Consider compression. It’s considered one of the easiest ways to reduce load time because the smaller your files, the faster the site will load.
- Reduce image sizes as this can slow down page load times. It’s a fact that images play a vital role as content, but it could also affect site speed as these are often large files.
- Avoid using too many plugins. Although they help improve your website, too many plugins may create some issues like slowing down your site, security issues, crashing, etc.
These are just five of the many ways you could improve site speed, but work together with us and you won’t have to stress about it! SEO by Design has a team of experienced and talented SEO experts who could help you improve your site and bring you to the top. All you have to do is invest well may it be time, money, and commitment.