Off Site SEO
Off-page SEO or off-site SEO is exactly what the name suggests — it refers to the actions taken outside of a website to improve rankings within search engine results pages (SERPs). This tells Google what other people think about your website. One thing you should know is that people only link and share the content they like. So if a lot of people link your site in their content, search engines will most likely assume that you have amazing content that provides value for online visitors.
Search engine optimization is a handful, especially when you're not very knowledgeable in this field. However, once you've taken in and understood even just the basics of on-page and off-page optimization, you're well on your way to get ahead of your competitors.
Many people think that off-page SEO is closely related to link building even though it goes beyond that. It focuses on things happening outside the site such as writing a guest post blog or leaving a comment.
Any SEO specialist would know that building backlinks is the key to a good method of off-page SEO. Search engines use backlinks to know if a website has quality content or not. A website is said to rank better when it has many high-value backlinks.
There are 3 main types of links that are said to be described by how they are earned:
- Natural links - refer to the links that are given without any action by the page owner.
- Manually build links - these are acquired through deliberate link building activities such as asking customers or influencers to link our website or share your content.
- Self-created links - created by practices like adding a backlink in a directory or a blog comment signature.
Aside from links, there are also non-link-related off-site SEO practices that you should know about as well. Most, if not all, of these, are new methods that work well with today's generation of clients and potential customers.
Social media marketing - use of social media platforms and websites to promote a product or service.
- Guest blogging - is when other bloggers offer to write content for other similar blogs in a similar niche as guest bloggers with the goal to increase traffic to their sites.
- Influencer marketing - it's a form of marketing wherein business approach public personalities who have a huge following and influence over potential customers.
- Brand mentions - refers to when a company or brand is mentioned online, usually a blog or social media. It can be in a form of reviews, feedback, customer conversations, etc.
While on-page SEO focuses on the content in your website, off-site SEO is more on links and the interaction of the people to your website. These can be applied in both organic and local SEO since high-quality products and an established brand could really get a lot of word-of-mouth referrals from other people.
With all the things we should consider when working on online presence, it can get very overwhelming. Make things easier by working with experienced professionals in the field just like SEO by Design. We have the tools, the experts, and the experience to make things happen for you. If you want impressive results, we will give them to you and make your time, money and effort worthwhile.