AdWords, also known as Google Ads, is an advertising platform which is used to position advertisements in the Google Search Results Pages, Google products, and to many different website that participate in the AdWords program.
If you're an advertiser, you have the option to pay when someone clicks on your ad. They say that the whole Adwords system works similarly like an auction as advertisers compete for the available advertising places.
Adwords vs. Search Engine Optimization
So what's the difference between the two?
- Adwords traffic is paid while SEO traffic is mostly free.
- Adwords are for Google products and websites using Google Adsense, while SEO is applicable to all search engines.
- Adwords traffic stops when you stop your campaigns, but when you start getting organic traffic with SEO, this will continue.
- Adwords allow you to target many keywords at the same time while SEO works better when you focus on just a few keywords for best results.
- Adwords is a much more immediate thing than SEO. With Adwords, you create an advertising campaign quickly and can get traffic right away unlike with SEO.
- Adwords make it easier to calculate the ROI unlike in SEO because Adwords only focus on ad spending and revenue. On the other hand, SEO has a lot more factors to consider.
- Adwords advertisements appear on top and at the bottom of Google Search Results depending on certain conditions. For SEO, it takes a little more time and effort to get to the top in organic search results.
Adwords is ideal for startup business and new companies who aim to get targeted traffic immediately for the sake of gathering potential customers, make sales, and let the world know that they now exist. At this point, it’s important to let the word out to as many people as possible to gain traffic ASAP.
However, even if it is indeed helpful, you should keep in mind to use it wisely and correctly. Without proper monitoring and control tools, you might lose more than gaining profit. It's easy to spend money, so just keep track of the progress and the cost so you won't go overboard and make a negative impact.
10 Reasons Why You Should Use Google Ads
- It is scalable
- It is measurable
- It is flexible
- It is faster than SEO
- It is somehow easier than SEO
- It is taking over the SERPs
- It can be more engaging
- It might convert better
- It complements other marketing channels
- It is used by your competitors
Adwords and SEO are not competitors, but both are very useful in getting you and your business on top of the game. These are powerful strategies that you can execute to bring in impressive results beyond your expectation.
Pair these methods with experienced professionals in the field and you’re well on your way to success. To achieve this, you would want an SEO and digital marketing service company with a dynamic team of passionate and knowledgeable individuals. With that said, SEO by Design has what you need! Work with SEO by Design and you’ll a return on investment sooner than expected!